Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary report: Losses estimated at $5,500 in theft from unlocked safe. Youth living at residence suspected and arrested by Sheriff's Office deputies after mother found $1,400 in youth's jacket pocket, Dover Road, Jan. 24.
Auto burglary report: Unknown losses in break-in and theft of hand and power tools from inside camper shell on pickup truck, Park-and-Ride parking lot, Jan. 20.
Theft report: Unknown loss in theft of cell phone from victim's purse while at party, Stockbridge Ave., Jan. 24.
Fraud report: Resident reported four unsuccessful attempts to change password for her financial account, Phillip Road, Jan. 21.
WEST MENLO PARK
Residential burglary report: Burglar apparently entered home through dog door and took laptop computer after rummaging through drawers, Lucky Ave., Jan. 24.
Auto burglary report: Loss estimated at $250 in break-in and theft of hands-free phone device and GPS, Perry Ave., Jan. 19.
Fraud report: Losses estimated at $2,900 in unauthorized credit card opened in victim's name, Palo Alto Way, Jan. 21.
Stolen vehicle report: 3000 block of Alameda de las Pulgas, Jan. 18.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $9,900 in break-in and theft of ring, three cameras, notebook computer, laptop computer, computer and camera accessories, and $1,000 in cash, Santa Cruz Ave., Jan. 24.
• Losses estimated at $9,500 in break-in and theft of jewelry, TV set, gold coins and autographed football, Sunset Lane, Jan. 24.
• Entry through unlocked bathroom window with losses estimated at $1,250 in theft of laptop computer, two e-book readers, and notebook computer, Madera Ave., Jan 23.
• Loss estimated at $1,000 in theft of bicycle from apartment complex, Fremont St., Jan. 20.
• Loss estimated at $650 in theft of roof-top cargo rack and storage box, Nancy Way, Jan. 20.
Animal cruelty report: Emaciated dog taken into custody by animal control officers after being found inside vehicle and lacking food and water, 1300 block of El Camino Real, Jan. 25.
Vandalism report: Loss estimated at $160 in slashing of vehicle's four tires in apartment parking area, Willow Road, Jan. 23.
Stolen vehicle report: Gray 1992 Nissan Frontier, Willow Road, Jan. 20.
Fraud report: Losses estimated at $9,500 in cashing of fraudulent check against victim's account, Portola Road, Jan. 23.