Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $12,700 in forced entry through rear door and theft of Apple iPad and iPod, Cartier watch and costume jewelry, Pope St., March 5.
• Losses estimated at $1,740 in break-in and theft of Apple iPod, cologne, video game console and $1,300 in cash, Market Place, March 7.
Auto burglary reports:
• Loss estimated at $450 in break-in via smashed window and theft of radar detector, O'Keefe St., March 3.
• Loss estimated at $300 in break-in via smashed window and theft of cell phone, Roble Ave., March 7.
Assault report: Victim punched in head by family member in dispute about TV remote control, Hollyburne Ave., March 2.
• Loss estimated at $600 in theft of power tools from truck tool boxes, Cambridge Ave., March 7.
• Loss of $200 after bank customer left ATM card in machine and someone came along and used it before customer returned to retrieve card, Santa Cruz Ave., March 4.
• Loss of $140 when cash fell out of wallet and was picked up and stuffed into pocket by transient to whom victim was about to give $5, Laurel Ave., March 3.
• Loss estimated at $300 in theft of copper irrigation piping from condominium roof, Alma St., March 7.
• Loss of $2,400 in unauthorized bank transfer, Willow Road, March 2.
• Loss of $680 in passing of forged check, El Rancho Supermarket at 812 Willow Road, March 6.
Child protective services reports: Four reports at police station at 701 Laurel St., March 5 and 6.
Drug sales report: Student released to parent after being captured on school surveillance camera later admitted to selling marijuana, Woodside High School at 199 Churchill Ave., March 2.
Residential burglary report: Loss estimated at $1,299 in theft of TV from unlocked workout room/garage, Willowbrook Drive, March 8.
WEST MENLO PARK
• Purse with $50 in cash inside stolen from minivan, Cloud Ave., March 2.
• Possible loss of $905 when satellite TV account opened in victim's name, Bellair Way, March 6.
Auto burglary report: Window smashed and theft of purse and laptop computer, Encinal Ave., March 2.