Police callsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $4,340 in break-in through unlocked window and theft of video game console, camera, Apple iPod and $2,500 in cash, Hollyburne Ave., May 22.
• Losses estimated at $2,500 in break-in through unlocked bedroom window and theft of two laptop computers, Coach handbag, and Apple iTouch, Hamilton Ave., May 30.
• Losses estimated at $550 in break-in through unlocked rear door and theft of backpack and miscellaneous jewelry, Vine St., May 23.
Commercial burglary report: Losses estimated at $400 in unknown means of entry and theft of four Apple iPads from classroom, East Palo Alto High School at 475 Pope St., May 29.
• Losses estimated at $8,735 in theft of purse whose contents included wallet, medication, sunglasses, make-up and cell phone, 2000 block Sand Hill Road, May 29.
• Losses estimated at $3,150 in theft of two bicycles and air compressor from carport, Live Oak Ave., May 25.
• Donald Toggle, 39, of Menlo Park arrested and booked into county jail on theft charges after discovered sleeping under tarp on victim's front porch, told to leave and left with tarp, Kenwood Drive, May 30.
Stolen vehicle report: Beige 2000 Lincoln LS stolen from carport, Pierce Road, May 28.
Brandished weapon report: Family friend brandished firearm and fled upon hearing sirens after verbal altercation that included being called out for tampering with victim's vehicle, Terminal Ave., May 25.
WEST MENLO PARK
Found property report: Five false identification cards confiscated from underage patrons handed over to sheriff's deputies, Dutch Goose at 3567 Alameda de las Pulgas, May 28.
Residential burglary report: Losses estimated at $753 in theft of furniture from detached garage, Park Lane, May 25.
Auto burglary report: Unknown losses in break-in and theft of stereo accessories, cash and possibly Apple iPod, Menlo-Atherton High School parking lot at 555 Middlefield Road, May 30.