Police CallsMENLO PARK
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $60,900 in break-in through locked apartment bedroom window and theft of safe containing jewelry, collectible coins and personal documents, Sharon Park Drive, June 1.
• Losses estimated at $2,400 in entry through unlocked rear window and theft of two laptop computers and two external hard drives, Menalto Ave., June 4.
• Loss estimated at $2,000 in entry through unlocked garage door and theft of mountain bike, Creek Drive, June 4.
• No losses but interior of home ransacked by someone who entered through open rear window, Eastridge Ave., June 2.
Attempted robbery report: Juvenile lost his balance and then fled after trying unsuccessfully to grab cell phone from hands of 70-year-old woman sitting on bench, 2:30 p.m. at Santa Cruz Ave. and Chestnut St., June 1.
Auto burglary report: Unknown losses in break-in to SUV and theft of wallet, musical instruments, speakers, and wheeled dolly, Hedge Road, June 5.
• Loss estimated at $750 in theft of laptop computer from unlocked vehicle in parking lot, first block of Middlefield Road, June 7.
• Loss estimated at $600 in theft of bicycle from underground parking structure of condo complex, Laurel St., June 4.
• Loss estimated at $400 in theft of unattended jacket, 2800 block of Sand Hill Road, June 1.
• Loss estimated at $250 in theft of unattended bike from outside of residence, Oak Court, June 6.
• No losses after witness confronted two juveniles who dropped delivered package they had taken from in front of apartment door, Evelyn St., June 6.
WEST MENLO PARK
Theft report: Unlocked bike leaned against store wall was stolen after owner went inside, Country Corner at 3207 Alameda De Las Pulgas, June 5.
Residential burglary report: Losses estimated at $400 in theft of copper wire from construction site, Laburnum Road, June 4.