Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary report:
• Losses estimated at $5,500 in break-in through rear-door window and theft of two laptop computers, miscellaneous jewelry and $1,000 in cash, Donohoe St., June 25.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Juvenile released to his mother after allegedly concealing merchandise in his empty backpack and being detained in parking lot by "loss prevention agents," Draeger's Supermarket at 1010 University Drive, June 24.
• Menlo Park man arrested on second-degree burglary charges after allegedly ordering two drinks, drinking them and leaving restaurant without paying for them, Celia's Mexican Restaurant at 1850 El Camino Real, June 23.
• Loss estimated at $500 in theft of unlocked bicycle from bike rack, 600 block of Santa Cruz Ave., June 22.
• Losses estimated at $500 in theft of wallet with $400 cash in it from open window of unlocked vehicle, 800 block of Berkeley Ave., June 27.
• Losses of $424 unauthorized use of debit card, reported at main police station at 701 Laurel St., June 22.
Child Protective Services report: 200 block of Waverley St., June 27.
• Losses estimated at $3,500 in theft of two mountain bikes from front driveway, Golden Oak Drive, June 24.
• Loss estimated at $700 in theft of Apple iPad from detached garage, Portola Road, June 21.
Commercial burglary report: San Jose resident Dat Phi Lam arrested on burglary charges with estimated loss of $2,180, Canada Community College at 4200 Farm Hill Boulevard, June 21.
Stolen vehicle report: Tandem dual-axle trailer, 3000 block of Sand Hill Road, June 25.
Theft report: Jewelry missing or lost from residence, Parker Ave., June 28.