Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Unknown losses in break-in, using drill, through front window and theft of two laptop computers, miscellaneous jewelry and silverware, O'Keefe St., Oct. 9.
• Losses estimated at $100 in break-in by smashing side window and theft of two purses, Carlton Ave., Oct. 5.
Auto burglary reports:
• Estimated losses of $7,785 in break-in by smashing windows of three vehicles and theft of four laptop computers, Apple iPad, three laptop/messenger bags, computer cables and clothing, Rosewood Sand Hill Hotel at 2825 Sand Hill Road, Oct. 9.
• Unknown loss in unsuccessful attempt to pry open side window, Alma At., Oct. 10.
• Losses estimated at $925 in theft from purse of wallet valued at $800 containing $125 in cash, 500 block of El Camino Real, Oct. 5.
• Loss estimated at $800 in theft of Apple iPad and iPhone from open office, Constitution Ave., Oct. 7.
• Losses estimated at $450 in theft of locked adult tricycle from front of victim's apartment, Bay Road, Oct. 8.
• Losses estimated at $300 in theft of unlocked bicycle from driveway, Laurel St., Oct. 5.
Vehicle fire report: Arrest made on charges of having lit on fire a 1989 BMW 325i after a domestic dispute with car's owner, Willow Road, Oct. 10.
• Unauthorized online purchases of $17,000 made from victim's credit card, Mansion Court, Oct. 8.
• Losses estimated at $295 when someone sent two Western Union money transfers for purchase of puppy that was to be flown in overnight, Carlton Ave., Oct. 6.
Child Protective Services report: Van Buren Road, Oct. 11.
Theft report: Unknown losses in theft of over 100 apples and persimmons picked from trees, Oak Grove Ave., Oct. 7.
Elder abuse report: Possible case, Elena Ave., Oct. 7.