Fire slightly damages garageFirefighters from the Menlo Park Fire Protection District quickly contained a one-alarm garage fire at a two-story home at 610 Central Ave. in Menlo Park on Sunday night, Oct. 21, Fire Chief Harold Schapelhouman told the Almanac.
No one was injured and damage was light: $5,000 to the garage's contents, $10,000 to its structure, and maybe slight smoke damage to the house, Chief Schapelhouman said. The 911 call came at 9:53 p.m.
The cause? Inspectors are looking at an unplugged printer in a cardboard box. "Why would an unplugged printer be a problem?" Chief Schapelhouman mused aloud during an interview. The inspector "is looking at it again to figure out, is it that or is it something else?" he said.
The homeowner called 911 when a second-floor smoke alarm went off, he said.