Semifinalists named in
National Merit competitionLocal high school seniors showed their academic talents by being named semifinalists in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
They now have the opportunity to compete for some 8,300 Merit Scholarship awards, worth more than $32 million. Winners will be announced in the spring.
The semifinalists were among the 1.5 million high school juniors across the country who took the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test last spring. They scored among the highest entrants in the state.
Semifinalists, listed by schools, are:
• Menlo-Atherton High School:Stephen Chu, Amal Duriseti, Tyler Finn, Meredith Geaghan-Breiner, Casey Kiyohara, Nina Lozinski, Ashton MacFarlane, Madeline Napel, Zoe Nuyens, Emilia Reed, Allison Silverman, Nicole Wong.
• Woodside High School: Nicolas Michel.
• Menlo School: Helena Abbott, Caroline Glazer, Perry Ha, Priya Medberry, Maxwell Parker, Tinyen Shih, Cameron Walker.
• Sacred Heart Preparatory: Matthew Denton, John Howard, Thomas Meaney, Isabelle Thompson, Shannon Toole.
• Woodside Priory: Khan Lam, Darby Oldham, Emily Tonogi.