Police CallsThis information is from the Menlo Park Police Department and the San Mateo County Sheriff''s Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Theft report: United States and California flags, valued at $86 in total, are missing from the flag pole in front of Town Hall, Feb. 26.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone entered a Willow Road apartment through an open front window and took jewelry, clothing, a video game console and a computer for a total loss estimated at $3,480, Feb. 27.
• A bike valued at $850 was stolen from an apartment carport on Coleman Avenue, Feb. 28.
• Someone entered Menlo Cleaners at 515 El Camino Real and stole a woman's wallet and her cell phone, Feb. 28.
• A man demanded money from a woman near the corner of Pierce Road and Windermere Avenue, took her wallet, opened it, found no money, then threw it back at her and fled, March 2.
• A black bag is missing from the backseat of a vehicle parked on Hill Avenue with an open rear window for a total loss estimated at $292, Feb. 28.
• An unlocked bicycle valued at $250 was stolen from an apartment carport on Roble Avenue, Feb. 27.
• Losses estimated at $200 in theft of bread maker in package delivered to front porch on Sevier Avenue, Feb. 22.