Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Fraud report: Unauthorized check for $3,450 cashed from resident's account, Mount Vernon Lane, Jan. 11.
Grand theft report: Cell phone stolen, Middlefield Road, Jan. 12.
Auto burglary report: Window smashed, Shearer Drive, Jan. 11.
Commercial burglary report: Locked container forced open and tools and gardening equipment stolen, 100 block of Independence Drive, Jan. 11.
Residential burglary report: Bedroom forced open and cell phone, charger and $50 in cash stolen, 1100 block of Sevier Ave., Jan. 10.
Auto burglary reports:
• Window smashed, vehicle ransacked and stereo system stolen, 1000 block of Madera Ave., Jan. 9.
• Window smashed, 1000 block of Madera Ave., Jan. 9.
• Window smashed, 1600 block of Marsh Road, Jan. 13.
• Sunglasses, stroller and other items stolen, 300 block of Pope St., Jan. 14.
Stolen vehicle report: Boat stolen, 3600 block of Haven Ave., Jan. 8.
Embezzlement report: Embezzlement and forgery by former employee, 100 block of Encinal Ave., Jan. 14.
• Identity theft, 1200 block of Hoover St., Jan. 8.
• Account opened and deposits made with fraudulent checks, 3700 block of Haven Ave., Jan. 14.
Child protective services reports:
• 100 block of O'Keefe St., Jan. 11.
• 1400 block of Chilco St., Jan. 14.
Residential burglary report: Laptop computer and jewelry stolen for estimated loss of $11,200, 700 block of La Mesa Drive, Jan 7.
Fraud report: Resident's name and medical account information used to make unauthorized medical appointment in Santa Cruz County, 200 block of Golden Hills Drive, Jan. 11.
Theft report: Victim's purse stolen from unattended shopping cart, 3000 block of Woodside Road, Jan. 8.
Fraud report: Resident's address and phone number used to open account with online music outlet for loss estimated at $20, 100 block of Jane Road, Jan. 11.