Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Auto burglary reports:
• Window smashed, Palmer Lane, Jan. 22.
• Window smashed and stereo system and speakers stolen, 1000 block of El Camino Real, Jan. 22.
• Unlocked vehicle rifled through but nothing taken, Greenoaks Drive, Jan. 23.
• Window smashed and purse stolen, Irving Ave., Jan. 23.
• Window smashed and Apple iPod stolen, James Ave., Jan. 23.
Residential burglary report: Side door found open and home burglarized, first block of James Ave., Jan. 29.
Residential burglary reports:
• Wedding rings, four necklaces and rosary stolen with total value of $4,800, 1200 block of Chilco St., Jan. 22.
• Clothing valued at $2,500 stolen, 1200 block of Windermere Ave., Feb. 4.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Bike and lock stolen for estimated loss of $190, Menlo Velo Bicycles at 433 El Camino Real, Jan. 22.
• Break-in and theft of laptop computer valued at $1,000, East Palo Alto Academy High School at 475 Pope St., Jan. 29.
Auto burglary reports:
• Construction tools valued at $2,600 stolen from vehicle, 100 block of Jefferson Drive, Feb. 4.
• Window smashed and Apple iPod Nano stolen with value of $1,000, 1000 block of Oakland Ave., Jan. 23.
• Window smashed and briefcase, student documents and checks stolen with value estimated at $691, in the 1000 block of Almanor Ave., Jan. 23.
• Window smashed but nothing taken, 1000 block of Berkeley Ave., Jan. 25.
• Window smashed and Apple iPod, iPod stereo connector, registration and pink slip stolen with total loss valued at $413, first block of Iris Lane, Jan. 25.
• $25 in cash stolen, Lorelei Lane, Jan 26.
• Apple iPod stolen with loss estimated at $150, Lorelei Lane, Jan. 26.
• Window smashed and laptop computer stolen, 900 block of Peggy Lane, Jan. 26.
• Windows in two vehicles smashed and flatware valued at $75 stolen, Lorelei Lane, Jan. 26.
• Navigation device valued at $650 stolen, 900 block of Timothy Lane, Jan. 26.
•Window smashed but nothing taken, 100 block of Bay Road, Jan. 22.
Grand theft reports:
• Accordion valued at $2,500 stolen, 1600 block of El Camino Real, Feb. 3.
• Jewelry and money of unknown total value stolen, 700 block of Valparaiso Ave., Jan. 26.
• Bicycle and bike lock with total value of $450 stolen from front porch, 300 block of Arbor Drive, Jan. 31.
• Apple iPhone believed stolen from kitchen during house party, 400 block of Encinal Ave., Jan. 31.
Stolen vehicle report: White four-door 1997 Mazda 626, 500 block of El Camino Real, Jan. 27.
• Unauthorized use of Social Security card, first block of Willow Road, Jan. 27.
• Unauthorized withdrawal from bank account of $2,076, in the 800 block of Hamilton Ave., Jan. 27.
• Unauthorized use of debit card for loss estimated at $1,009, in the 1400 block of Modoc Ave., Jan 25.
•Unauthorized use of credit card for loss estimated at $400, in the 1200 block of Willow Road, Jan. 29.
Spousal abuse reports:
• 700 block of Ivy Drive, Jan. 28.
• 1300 block of Willow Road, Jan. 24.
Child Protective Services report: first block of Campbell Lane, Feb. 3.
Battery report: Student arrested after pulling female victim to ground, punching her repeatedly in head and face, sitting on her and continuing punching, victim taken to Stanford Hospital, Woodside High School at 199 Churchill Ave., Jan. 25.
Theft report: Trumpet left under locker and possibly stolen, Corte Madera School at 4575 Alpine Road, Jan. 26.
Residential burglary report: Jewelry valued at $2,047 stolen from resident's bedroom closet with no sign of forced entry, 800 block of La Mesa Drive, Jan. 20.