Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary report: Laptop computer and tools stolen from construction site, Atherton Ave., Feb. 11.
Grand theft reports:
• Apple iPhone stolen during party, Polhemus Ave., Feb. 9.
• Boxes containing family jewelry stolen, Catalpa Drive, Feb. 9.
Auto burglary reports:
• Back window smashed, Palmer Lane, Feb. 5.
• Back window smashed and purse found lying on ground, Holbrook Lane, Feb. 5.
• Employee suspected in $13,800 loss, 300 block of Middlefield Road, Feb. 6.
• Resident defrauded of $2,000, 21000 block of Santa Cruz Ave., Feb. 6.
• Use of falsified driver's license in attempt to withdraw funds from bank account, Chase Bank at 650 Santa Cruz Ave., Feb. 8.
• Bad check received, 300 block of Middlefield Road, Feb. 11.
• Identity theft, 100 block of Seminary Drive, Feb. 11.
Residential burglary reports:
• Jewelry stolen with estimated loss of $575, 1300 block of San Mateo Ave., Feb. 5.
• Resident came home and unidentified male ran out front door, 1000 block of Wallea Drive, Feb. 8.
• Attempted burglary, 200 block of Market Place, Feb. 8.
• Stereo equipment stolen, 700 block of Coleman Ave., Feb. 8.
• Window smashed and GPS device stolen, 1400 block of Woodland Ave., Feb. 11.
• Window smashed and purse stolen, 1600 block of Marsh Road, Feb. 11.
Grand theft report: Haron Chavez, 28, arrested on charges of attempted grand theft, 100 block of Middlefield Road, Feb. 5.
Attempted fraud report: Resident called several times by purported grandson who repeatedly asked for money to be bailed out of jail, 100 block of Greer Road, Feb. 3.
WEST MENLO PARK
• Payment requested on two credit cards not owned by resident, 2000 block of Camino a los Cerros, Feb. 4.
• Laptop computer stolen from storage area in rear of store, Starbucks Coffee Company at 3590 Alameda de las Pulgas, Feb. 8.