Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Auto burglary reports:
• Purse stolen with eyeglasses inside for estimated loss of $1,100, 700 block of University Drive, March 12.
• Navigation unit stolen for loss valued at $200, 1200 block of Windermere Ave., March 16.
Grand theft report: Parking decal for Menlo Park Plaza stolen from rear windshield for loss of $569, 700 block of Menlo Ave., March 16.
Residential burglary report: Rear sliding door possibly pried open but no loss, 900 block of Siskiyou Drive, March 18.
• Unauthorized use of credit card but no loss, 500 block of Fanita Way, March 12.
• Identity theft but no loss, 500 block of Hamilton Ave., March 12.
• Identity theft but no loss, 1300 block of Hollyburne Ave., March 12.
Stolen vehicle report: Green 2004 Volkswagen Passat stolen, 700 block of Fremont St., and later found in Trader Joe's parking lot, March 15.
Theft report: Relative running a convenience store owned by uncle is alleged to have stolen $71,000 by opening various credit card accounts, 17000 block of Skyline Blvd., March 12.
Fraud report: Resident received letter allegedly from Internal Revenue Service stating that he owed $3,400 in back taxes and IRS advised beginning an investigation, 100 block of Barrett Drive, March 11.