Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Theft report: Suspect in London, England, used e-mail and Craigslist to steal $2,200 from victim, 200 block of Atherton Ave., March 26.
Residential burglary reports:
• Attempted break-in, Stockbridge Ave., March 30.
• Window pried open and flat-screen TV stolen, first block of Watkins Ave., April 1.
Elder abuse report: First block of Parker Ave., March 28.
Auto burglary reports:
• Briefcase valued at $900 stolen. It contained personal information, credit cards, stamps and gold necklace, 4000 block of Campbell Ave., March 26.
• Window smashed and Apple iTouch music player valued at $350 stolen, O'Connor and Euclid avenues, March 29.
Grand theft report: Cash in amount of $640 stolen from office, 2800 block of Sand Hill Road, March 26.
• ID theft, reported at main police station on Laurel St., March 29.
• Forged check received, 100 block of O'Connor St., March 29.
• Collection notice received from unauthorized account in victim's name, 2100 block of Monterey Ave., March 30.
• Unauthorized use of victim's Social Security number, 1100 block of Madera Ave., March 30.