Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
• Checks belonging to resident found to be forged, first block of Walnut Ave., April 8.
• Resident's name used in opening unauthorized account with Dell Computers, first block of Lupin Lane, April 8.
Commercial burglary report: Two laptop computers stolen, 100 block of Constitution Drive, April 3.
Residential burglary report: Unlocked home entered and rummaged through but nothing stolen, 1300 block of Madera Ave., April 6.
Grand theft reports:
• Computer handed over for repair was never returned, 700 block of Menlo Ave., April 6.
• Laptop computer stolen from unlocked car, Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real, April 6.
Auto burglary report: 1200 block of Carlton Ave., April 5.
• Check fraud, 1300 block of Crane St., April 7.
• Internet fraud, 4200 block of Bohannon Drive, April 7.