By Elena Kadvany
Pressed Juicery rolls out new frozen dessertUploaded: Jun 19, 2014
Move over, frozen yogurt.
Pressed Juicery is debuting this Saturday at its Palo Alto location a new frozen treat, dubbed "Freeze," made from solely from its cold-pressed fruit, vegetable and nut concoctions. Made by using juices from fruits and veggies combined with solidifiers like coconut meat and dates, "Freeze" is vegan as well as gluten-, sugar- and dairy-free.
There are six flavors:
- Greens (kale, spinach, romaine, cucumber, apple, lemon, dates, coconut meat)
- Citrus (orange, apple, pineapple, coconut meat, dates)
- Fruit (fuji apple, strawberry, coconut meat, dates)
- Roots (carrots, beets, fuji apple, lemon, ginger, dates, coconut meat)
- Vanilla almond (almond, dates, sea salt, vanilla)
- Chocolate almond (almond, dates, sea salt, cacao)
All can be topped with granola, goji berries, almond butter drizzle, coconut shavings or nuts.
There are three size options: four ounce ($3.95), eight ounce ($5.50) and a larger bowl that comes with Freeze and your choice of two fruits, granola and honey. For an extra dollar, you can get up to three toppings. Each additional topping costs 50 cents.
Dubious of this new frozen treat? Check it out for free at Pressed's Stanford Shopping Center location Saturday, June 21, from 11 a.m to 3 p.m. Pressed is located 660 Stanford Shopping Center, Suite #230 (it's in the old Haagen-Dazs space, facing one of the parking garages on Quarry Road, on the same stretch as Lavande Nail Salon and Hair International).
A cup of chocolate "Freeze." Image courtesy Wagstaff Worldwide.