By Dana Hendrickson
Ways You Can Help Save Menlo Park RestaurantsUploaded: Dec 9, 2020
This is a message for all readers of The Almanac.
Please help Menlo Park restaurant owners and their workers survive the COVID-19 pandemic. They are now under a great deal of financial stress due to the pandemic and temporary county healthcare restrictions on indoor dining, and many will likely fail if they cannot generate significantly more revenues.
I am forming an all-volunteer team that will provide timely information and programs designed to make it easy, rewarding and fun for residents to support local restaurants AND improve the downtown business district. Join our volunteer team and enjoy a personally rewarding experience. (Note: see the list of current opportunities described below).
Here are some specific ways you can help.
1. Order delicious meals for delivery or pick-up, use new outdoor dining areas, and take advantage of indoor dining when available. View the new online restaurant directory that will conveniently provide valuable up-to-date information on what meal services are available. Additional content will be added soon.
2. Having a hard time (again) figuring out what holiday gift to give friends, family members and neighbors the s year? What about treating yourself? Restaurant gift certificates are a great solution. And the recipient might invite you to join them. These holiday gifts can cost as little as $25.00.
3. Help us spread the word by inviting your family, friends and neighbors to join our “Save Menlo Park Restaurants” Nextdoor Group. You can publish personal restaurant reviews for your favorite Menlo Park eating establishment, and we will highlight them.
4. Starting today a Go Fund Me campaign will fund a variety of marketing programs. Please contribute. Donations from local corporate sponsors are also sought.
5. We need volunteers who are enthusiastic about our mission and can significantly contribute to our success – in roles they enjoy doing.
* Improve & maintain our online restaurant directory
* Create & organize profiles of individual restaurants
* Encourage residents to recommend their favorite restaurants
* Use social networking and email to promote this program
* Recruit future volunteer meal delivery drivers (possible service)
Most roles generally require about 2 to 4 hours a week, and your time is largely self-scheduled.
Send me an email if you want to learn more about opportunities to improve lives and our city.