Police say teen girl is still missing

A 14-year-old Menlo-Atherton High School student who was last seen walking away from her home in Menlo Park on Wednesday afternoon has still not been located, a police dispatcher said Sunday.

Jennifer Blair, a freshman at M-A high school and a graduate of Hillview Middle School, was last seen in the 400 block of Olive Street at around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Menlo Park police.

She is considered at risk because of her age, though her absence is considered voluntary and there is no evidence of foul play, according to police.

She is a white girl with long brown hair and hazel eyes, around 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs around 170 pounds. Blair was last seen wearing a purple hoodie, a black tank top, blue jeans and sneakers.

Police believe she may have headed to Redwood City, East Palo Alto or San Jose.

Her name is listed in the nationwide Missing and Unidentified Persons Database as a runaway/missing person.

Police are asking anyone with information on this case to call 330-6300 or the anonymous tip line at 330-6395.

Comments

Posted by Sympathetic Parent
on Jan 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm

My heart goes out to this family. I hope she is found safe and sound quickly. I think it's great that the Almanac has sent out this info with her picture.

Posted by been there
on Jan 8, 2010 at 1:18 pm

This happens a lot with 14-year-old girls. The chances are close to 100% that she is fine, but of course it is worrisome for her family. The challenge for the family will be how to balance their relief that she's okay with their annoyance at her for causing so much grief.

Posted by teacher
on Jan 8, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Jennifer is a sweet girl. I hope she returns soon to her family and friends.

Posted by Anonymous
a resident of Woodside: Woodside Hills
on Jan 8, 2010 at 9:27 pm

This happened to our family, too. Our daughter was 14 when she first ran away from home. I know the family is going out of their minds and my heart goes out to them. Our kids, even growing up in our protected and insulated peninsula towns, are far more street savvy than you would ever suspect.

Our police and sheriff's departments have amazing technology to find her and I am confident that she will be found safe and sound. I pray it's soon.

Posted by John Wang
a resident of Menlo Park: Belle Haven
on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Jennifer Blair is a cool girl when i first met her. She was a nice girl and she was always early to school. i hope she is found because her freinds miss her so much even her besty freind Ashly. Ihope the police finds her. i will pray for you and your family Jennifer Blair.

Posted by Worried Neighbor
a resident of Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
on Jan 14, 2010 at 11:52 pm

What is the status? I've not been able to find any updates in days. We are praying that Jennifer finds her way home soon. All who know her are praying for her and her family.

Posted by Mary
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Jennifer is still missing. We are all so worried, please if anyone sees her call the police, I am her Grandmother and I am so upset I can't understand why the police can't find her.She has been gone 12 long nights. Today is her birthday she turned 15. Her parents are so sad today it tears my heart out. Please pray that they find her safe today. We all love her so much we can't take much more. Thank you all.

Global Warming Diet

Couples: "Taming Your Gremlin" by Richard Carson

Preparing for kindergarten
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 644 views

Pre-registration ends today!

On Friday, September 21, join us at the Palo Alto Baylands for a 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run, or—for the first time—half marathon! All proceeds benefit local nonprofits serving children and families.

Learn More