After two weeks, Menlo Park's Jennifer Blair is still missing

Jennifer Blair, the Menlo Park girl last seen leaving her home two weeks ago, is still missing and has not been heard from since her disappearance, according to police.

Jennifer, a freshman at Menlo-Atherton High School and a graduate of Hillview Middle School, was last seen in the 400 block of Olive Street at around 4:30 p.m. Jan. 6, according to Menlo Park police. She turned 15 on Monday, Jan. 18.

While there is no evidence of foul play, there is "growing concern for her safety," according to police spokeswoman Nicole Acker. Menlo Park police are still investigating, and the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children is helping in the search, Ms. Acker said.

Jennifer is a white girl with long brown hair and hazel eyes, around 5 feet 11 inches tall, and weighs around 170 pounds. She was last seen wearing a purple hoodie, a black tank top, blue jeans and sneakers.

Police believe she may have headed to Redwood City, East Palo Alto or San Jose.

Police are asking anyone with information on this case to call 330-6300 or the anonymous tip line at 330-6395.

Comments

Posted by Laura Blair
a resident of Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:29 pm

This is Laura Blair, Jennifer's mother. We are desperate for any help the general public can give in locating her. She just turned 15 on Monday. Words can't express the pain we are feeling. We are in total disbelief that she hasn't come home or been located. Life won't be the same until our baby is found safe and back with us. Please help us by talking to everyone you know. Flyers are available at Web Link

Posted by Josh
a resident of Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
on Jan 21, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Did she take her phone? Just curious. If so, have the police department help with obtaining whatever is necessary for the phone company to GPS her whereabouts? It may take a judge's order, but she is still a minor, obviously in need of help.

Posted by WhoRUpeople
on Jan 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Laura, you have my deepest sympathy for the pain you're going through. I have a 17 year old daughter, and cannot imagine the anguish I would go through if this were going on with her. I have printed out Jennifer's picture and have it in the visor of my truck and am watching for her constantly. I urge everyone who regularly participates in this forum (com'n Truth, Hank, Peter, Council Watcher, POGO, Old Timer, Resident, everyone!) to do the same and to encourage others to do so as well. We CAN help find Jennifer and return her home safely if we all just try.

Posted by Jeannine
a resident of Woodside School
on Jan 21, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Laura, would you object to this being posted on facebook?

Posted by Laura Blair
a resident of Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
on Jan 21, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Thank you all for your comments and questions. I have no problem with this being posted on Facebook. If any of you would like a clearer photo, please email me at familyofblairs@sbcglobal.net. As for her phone, her Dad and I took it away because she got bad grades on her report card. We tried to read the text messages but she kept going for the phone. Eventually we had to lock our bedroom door to read her text messages and that's when she took off. She knew what the consequences would be with bad grades as texting was an added feature that could stay as long as she did good in school. D's are not acceptable and her grades has slipped more from the last progress report. Anything you all could do would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by neighbor
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Jan 21, 2010 at 9:45 pm

My daughter is her friend. At school they have said that she was seen at a Jack in the Box with her hair changed and with an older person. This inforamtion is from a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend. I want the police to investigate the claims from the kids at school....I feel they know more... and who the people are that are helping her... I want to offer some hope and prayer to the parents. I am here for you..I will ask my daughter to intoduce us... I wish I could help you tongiht.

Posted by Jeannine
a resident of Woodside High School
on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Hi Laura,
I posted this tonight. I really hope it helps, as I have a 15 year old in high school too, and can NOT even begin to understand how you and your family are feeling! I hope this helps!!!

Posted by Resident
a resident of Atherton: West Atherton
on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:35 am

One would think in this day & age of technology, you could tract het through credit card usage, assumiong she one or her parents, her cell phone usage, the word on the street at school. She is so near, yet so far away..Since she has been seen, at least she has not been harmed or taken away out of the area, which should be a comfort in itself. We went through this years ago with our daughter, and we evaluated evry part of our relations with her, sort of a cause & effect. Grades, too mature for her age, the quality of friends, drugs, drinking, depression, curfews, general mother daughter relationships, which can be explosive at times, did we give her
enough family/quality time ? Girls with mature bodies want to act like women and watching all of the girls their ages in Hollywood with their bad behavior doesn't help, neither does bad influences with their friends..Good luck and only go forward in your relationship and please do not dwell on the past, it will only make matters worse..

Posted by Anonymous
a resident of Woodside: Woodside Hills
on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:51 am

Laura -

Our family went through this same thing when my daughter was 15 years old. She ran away several times and it was horrible.

I have asked my daughter, who is still pretty well connected at the local high schools, to ask around and see if she can find out anything about Jennifer. I have your email address and will let you know if we are able to find out anything.

I know first hand that our police and sheriff's departments are excellent and that they take these matters seriously. Our community is with you and your family, Laura.

Posted by truth
a resident of Menlo Park: Belle Haven
on Jan 22, 2010 at 11:29 am

We'll find her. I can post over here in Belle Haven and EPA.

Posted by Anonymous
a resident of Woodside: Woodside Hills
on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm

My daughter is texting the picture and notice to her friends. She said texting is the way it's done.

Posted by Interested
on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Jennifer.....

Sooner or later you will either read these posts or hear about them from your friends.

I get you might be well pissed off with your Mom and Dad....and you might have good cause to be....but take some advise from an old fart that has been there, done that and bought the tee shirt....They are hurting Jenn and hurting real bad.

Do yourself a favor, either call your Mom or Menlo PD and at least let them know your OK. With time all the other crap can be resolved.

Posted by Menlo Family
a resident of Menlo Park: University Heights
on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:14 pm

To The Blair Family,

Please let us all know if there will be any sort of organized search or other activities related to finding Jennifer and bringing her back home. Our best wishes and prayers are with your entire family.

Best, best, best to you all.

Posted by Laura Blair
a resident of Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
on Jan 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Thank you for all of your comments and concerns. As for the posting by "neighbor from Sharon Heights," I would love an opportunity to talk to you. Please email me at familyofblairs@sbcglobal.net, or if your daughter has our number, give me a call. There is further information coming in that is similar to what you heard. I'm not sure if this is the same sighting or not. This is being looked into. The Menlo Park Police have been wonderful!

Again, I would like to sincerely thank all of you for your comments, concerns, and prayers.

Posted by person
on Jan 23, 2010 at 9:59 pm

i went to middle school with jennifer and the day i heard she went missing i freaked out. even tho i didnt know her that well i am really sorry to hear that she is gone..
i miss her and i hope she comes back soon

Posted by Nathan Chan
on Jan 23, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Hi there,

I am on Facebook. And, I have a friend who is on the lookout for Jennifer Blair, who knows your husband. I hack Facebook accounts ethically and have got into her account posting cheerful comments on her photos. Hope this helps. But, I think in your case, taking the cellphone texting won't benefit her. To solve her problem, you would have to see the situation in her shoes.

First, you must allow her to have the cellphone back and tell her that grades come first and what will result if she had bad grades. Though, do encourage her if she has improved from a D to a slight B or C. Do it in a nice way, and don't act forcefully. Of course, grades do not determine everything. Remember rewards come after hardwork. I do understand that you are Christian and am concerned.

I'll be praying for this case.

I would try to solve this situation by going to her friends and see what she's up to and see if you can get hold of her that way.

I know you are extra concerned about his situation. But, all you can do is pray right now.

E-mail me @ pureballaholic@hotmail.com if you need more help.

God Bless,

Nathan

Posted by concerned parent
on Jan 24, 2010 at 8:37 pm

grades don't slip to D's usually unless drugs enter the scenario.

time for her "friends" to step up and let you and the authorities know what (or if ) she was using, who is dealing, and who is helping your daughter stay under the radar. someone -- close to home -- must know what crowd she is running with.

side note: police are prohibited from pushing too hard (especially minors) without cause. if it were my them to set up a one on one with their kids

Posted by Anonymous
a resident of Woodside: Woodside Hills
on Jan 25, 2010 at 9:12 am

Having been through this myself, I would urge others not to be so quick with your advice to the Blair family. Right now, they need our eyes and our support, not our criticism.

It is likely that Jennifer is staying with a "friend" that her family (and perhaps even her friends) don't know about. Eventually, she will tire of them and come home... and that's the time that the family will need to work out their problems. For now, Jennifer just needs to know that she is always welcome at her own home.

Posted by Anonymous
a resident of Hillview Middle School
on Jan 25, 2010 at 8:36 pm

hi i went to hillview middle school with Jennifer. I didnt really talk to her much or know much about her, but it sadens me that something like this happened. Im so sorry and wish that she will come back soon. I hope that she is okay and that your family will not have to suffer for much longer. My sister has been going through a rough time with depression, and it puts a burden on my family. I know how you feel and no one should have to feel the type of pain that you are enduring. I will pray for her every day and night, and will do my best to find out where she is. I wish you the best.

Posted by Anonymous
a resident of Atherton: other
on Jan 26, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Parenting advice is completely unhelpful - and it sounds like it's coming from people who don't even have kids.

My heart is with Jennifer's parents. I just saw Jennifer's flyer in San Francisco and I came online to find out more - I will keep an eye out.

Posted by concerned parent
a resident of Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:18 pm

I heard she walked into a S. Cal police department today.

Does anyone know if this is true?

My daughter knows her from school and has been worried.

Posted by Coworker
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Yes, I work with her Uncle. He just posted on Facebook that she is safe and walked into a So Cal police station and wants to come home! How great is that? That is the best news I've heard all month! Everyone's prayers have been answered. :)

Posted by Laura Blair
a resident of Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
on Jan 31, 2010 at 9:41 am

Yes. It is true!!! She is back with us!!! We are so thankful to have her back. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concern where Jennifer is concerned.

Salt & Straw Palo Alto to open Nov. 23

Lakes and Larders (part 2)