Click on picture to enlarge.
Linden Towers, the ostentatious home of James C. Flood in what is now the Atherton neighborhood of Lindenwood, was completed in 1880 and at the time was the Peninsula's largest and most lavish mansion. It was nearly seven stories high, with a 150-foot tower and was the centerpiece of Mr. Flood's 600-acre estate on the east side of Middlefield Road in Atherton. Photo courtesy of the Menlo Park Historical Association.
P.S. For information on the Xanadu reference in the headline, click here.