Click on picture to enlarge.
The Atherton Town Council and staff posed for this photograph in 1952. From left, they are: City Clerk Howard Boren, council members George Linsley, Edward E. Eyre, (Mayor) James Howell, Charles Merrill, Harry Mitchell, Henry Keuchler and City Attorney Winston Black. Historians say development in the town accelerated in the early 1950s following the end of World War II. Photo courtesy of the Atherton Heritage Association.