News

House fire closes Palo Alto's University Avenue

 

A house fire this morning at 1005 University Ave., apparently started by an unattended candle, has shut down University to through traffic as firefighters battle the two-alarm blaze.

The fire was reported shortly after 7 a.m.

Police Lt. Sandra Brown said no one was injured in the fire but that there is extensive damage to the house. Menlo Park Fire Protection District sent engines as backup to Palo Alto firefighters.

No other details are immediately available, Brown said.

We can't do it without you.
Support local journalism.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Be the first to know

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox every day.

Rose International Market reopening soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 11 comments | 4,918 views

Eyes and the End of Life: Why Spend Time With the Dying?
By Aldis Petriceks | 2 comments | 1,757 views

The HSR Decision
By Steve Levy | 7 comments | 1,059 views

Couples: Mirror, Mirror on the . . . Fight?!
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 678 views

What should Menlo Park’s priorities be?
By Dana Hendrickson | 1 comment | 528 views