House fire closes Palo Alto's University Avenue


A house fire this morning at 1005 University Ave., apparently started by an unattended candle, has shut down University to through traffic as firefighters battle the two-alarm blaze.

The fire was reported shortly after 7 a.m.

Police Lt. Sandra Brown said no one was injured in the fire but that there is extensive damage to the house. Menlo Park Fire Protection District sent engines as backup to Palo Alto firefighters.

No other details are immediately available, Brown said.


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Let's Talk Internships
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 1,377 views

Couples: Sex and Connection (Chicken or Egg?)
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 1,131 views

Mountain View's Hangen Szechuan to close after 25 years
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,080 views

Zucchini Takeover
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 922 views