Ten doctors associated with Sequoia Hospital are giving out free medical advice on a range of women's health issues at an all-day event at Menlo Circus Club in Atherton on Saturday, Oct. 16.
Peninsula Urology Center of Atherton and Sequoia Hospital are cosponsoring the second annual 2010 Women's Heath Conference.
Available to the first 150 women who sign up, the conference will start at 8:30 a.m. with a continental breakfast, followed by 30-minute presentations and question-and-answer periods with each specialist. Lunch will be served. The sessions are expected to end at 3 p.m.
Internist Denise Brown will moderate the speakers who plan to talk about these topics in this order:
● Urologist Chris Threatt, "Urinary incontinence, the 15 minute cure."
● Internist Sean Bourke, "Why wait to lose weight? Food for thought and health."
● Plastic surgeon Jane Weston, "Restoring our bodies/restoration and rejuvenation."
● Cardiologist Mary Larson, "Women's and men's heart disease."
● Endocrinologist Sherna Madan, "Update on hormone replacement therapy."
● Oncologist Jelena Kao, "Breast cancer screening, risk factors and prevention."
● Obstetrician and gynecologist Elaine Chien, "Too much bleeding? What is normal, what is not?"
● Urologist Dieter Bruno, "Always looking for a bathroom? Treatments for an overactive bladder."
● Psychologist Nancy Coxwell, "Sandwich generation: creating guilt-free boundaries."
Go to pucenter.com/conference or call 306-1018 to register
Menlo Circus Club is located at 190 Park Lane in Atherton.