Click on picture to enlarge.
From 1909 until 1950, these two schoolhouses stood by the side of Portola Road.
The one on the left, from 1894, became the "middle school" of the era, serving fourth through eighth graders.
The 1909 school was known as the "primary school."
The Portola Valley Archives holds many images of the life and activities that took place on this site in the early years of the 20th century.