News

Those were the days

Click on picture to enlarge.

The gatekeeper at James C. Flood's 674-acre estate off Middlefield Road lived in this four-bedroom home in what is now Lindenwood. The "lodge" was built in 1878 and razed in 1954, despite the objections of a citizens group that hoped to save it. Photo courtesy Atherton Heritage Association.

What's local journalism worth to you?

Support Almanac Online for as little as $5/month.

Learn more

Follow AlmanacNews.com and The Almanac on Twitter @almanacnews, Facebook and on Instagram @almanacnews for breaking news, local events, photos, videos and more.

Those were the days

Uploaded: Thu, Mar 17, 2011, 12:22 am

Click on picture to enlarge.

The gatekeeper at James C. Flood's 674-acre estate off Middlefield Road lived in this four-bedroom home in what is now Lindenwood. The "lodge" was built in 1878 and razed in 1954, despite the objections of a citizens group that hoped to save it. Photo courtesy Atherton Heritage Association.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.