News


Those were the days

 

Click on photo to enlarge.

In 1938, Pacific Greyhound Lines moved its depot and cafe to 1181 El Camino Real (between Santa Cruz and Oak Grove avenues) in Menlo Park, and christened one of its new coaches "The City of Menlo Park." Mayor James E. Cooper accepted the city's namesake bus, saying that Pacific Greyhound had played a key role in developing Menlo Park by bringing thousands of people to the community every year. Photo courtesy Menlo Park Historical Association.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Su Hong Palo Alto to close in 2019
By Elena Kadvany | 24 comments | 6,373 views

Palo Alto Measures E, F and Z
By Steve Levy | 2 comments | 1,229 views

Menlo Park Council Selections for 2018
By Stuart Soffer | 3 comments | 1,155 views

Local Flavor – Lakes and Larders (part one)
By Laura Stec | 10 comments | 1,030 views

Couples: It's Normal to Get Defensive . . . Then What?
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 692 views