Two school bond measures, totaling $83 million, passed easily Tuesday. They required 55 percent voter approval and won with majorities of 73 and 75 percent.
A slate of fire board candidates who opposed two union-backed contenders were elected.
According to the count so far, only 20.3 percent of registered voters cast ballots, and 75 percent of the ballots were vote-by-mail.
See details below.
● Las Lomitas School District $60 million bond measure (Measure S) passes | Story | Vote count
● Menlo Park City School District: $23 million bond measure to fund rebuilding of school (Measure W) adopted | Story | Vote count |
● Woodside Elementary School board - two incumbents, Pollioni win | Story | Vote count |
● Sequoia Union High School District board - Sarver, Thomsen elected | Story | Vote count |
● San Mateo County Community College District board - Mohr, Holober win | Vote count
● Atherton's Measure X passes, renews parcel tax | Story | Vote count |
● Atherton City Council - Rick DeGolia wins | Story | Vote count |
● Portola Valley Town Council - Richards, Derwin, Hughes elected | Story | Vote count |
● Portola Valley Measure Q passes - continues reduction of utility users tax from 5.5% to 4.5% for four years | Vote count | Info
● Menlo Park Fire Protection District board - Carpenter, Bernstein, Ianson elected | Story | Vote count |
● Woodside Town Council (uncontested election for three seats) | Vote count |
● Los Trancos County Water District board (uncontested - four candidates for three seats but candidate George Lee has dropped out) | Vote count