Charlie Meyer's saloon, located on the southeast corner of El Camino Real and Oak Grove Avenue, was a favorite gathering spot for Stanford students around the turn of the last century, according to "Menlo Park: Beyond the Gate" by Michael Svanevik and Shirley Burgett. The proprietor, Charlie Meyer, opened the "drinking spa" in the middle of the first decade of the 1900s, and closed it up in 1910, according to the authors. Photo courtesy of the Menlo Park Historical Association.
Uploaded: Mon, Jan 5, 2015, 9:51 am
A Concrete Joy: The Life and Love of Charlie Foley-Hughes
By Aldis Petriceks | 0 comments | 882 views