News

Those were the days

 

Woodside Store owner Jack Williamson is shown behind the wheel of his delivery wagon in this 1915 photo. He's ready to drive a group of church members to a picnic at the Huddart estate, according to Thalia Lubin and Bob Dougherty, who include the photo in their Woodside history book.

The Huddart sisters were Sunday school teachers at Woodside Village Church, and they organized picnics and children's activities at their estate, which later became Huddart Park, according to the historians.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Downtown Redwood City gets Japanese kaiseki restaurant
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 2,890 views

Couples: Child Loss, "No U-Turn at Mercy Street"
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,356 views

Which Cocktail Has the Least Calories?
By Laura Stec | 7 comments | 1,127 views