News

Menlo Park: Burglary suspect pleads no contest

 

A jury trial had been ahead for Robert James Clark, a 22-year-old transient accused of burglarizing a Menlo Park home in March 2014, but on Tuesday (Feb. 17), Mr. Clark agreed to enter a plea of no-contest to one count of residential burglary.

The plea bargain includes a condition of no more than nine years in state prison. A sentencing hearing is set for Thursday, March 26, according to a report by San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe.

Mr. Clark is accused of breaking into a home in the 300 block of Laurel Street and stealing a "large quantity of jewelry," prosecutors said.

According to Mr. Wagstaffe, a neighbor saw a man walking in the backyard of a nearby home and called police, who investigated and found a backpack in the yard with the stolen jewelry inside. The neighbor identified Mr. Clark as the suspect, prosecutors said.

Mr. Clark is in San Mateo County jail on $100,000 bail.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Opening alert: Dumpling Garden in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 6 comments | 7,482 views

Always Moving: Jazmin Toca's Tale of Joy, Disability, and Purpose
By Aldis Petriceks | 0 comments | 1,289 views

Couples: Do you Really Agree or are you Afraid of not Agreeing?
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 627 views

Trying to enjoy the routines again
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 153 views

 

2018 guide to summer camps

Looking for something for the kids to do this summer, learn something new and have fun? The 2018 Summer Camp Guide features local camps for all ages and interests.

Find Camps Here