News

A page from our history

 

In this 1915 photo, children pose in front of Woodside School, built in 1910.

The Mission Revival-style building had multiple classrooms, unlike the one-room schoolhouses in the area at the time, according to local historians Thalia Lubin and Bob Dougherty, who included the photo in the history book published by the Woodside History Committee.

The building was demolished in 1964, and the bell above the sign is now in the current school's courtyard, according to the historians.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Orenchi Ramen expands to Redwood City
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 4,633 views

Sharing A Column About a Brilliant Teacher Idea
By Steve Levy | 6 comments | 1,443 views

Family Matters: Caring for the Dying, and Their Loved Ones
By Aldis Petriceks | 4 comments | 975 views

A fast approaching birthday
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 626 views

Henry and Fluffy, On Duty
By Stuart Soffer | 0 comments | 253 views