Submitted by Judy Horst, of the Kiwanis Club of Menlo Park.
The Kiwanis Club of Menlo Park meets each Tuesday, from noon to 1:15 p.m., at Allied Arts Guild, 75 Arbor Road in Menlo Park. Guests may attend by calling (650) 327-1313 or sending an e-mail through the [ http://www.menloparkkiwanisclub.org Kiwanis Club website.
September speakers are:
● Sept. 1: Yishan Lin, founder of Mise, will explain his online service that delivers dishes from local chefs to homes from San Francisco to San Jose and parts of the East Bay.
● Sept. 8: Bayana Chunga, of the African Bible College, will talk about the college he represents and the challenges facing the people of Malawi. He started daily devotional programs on the Malawi Broadcasting Corporation, produced a radio documentary that dealt with the AIDS crisis in Malawi, and has written a weekly column in a Malawi newspaper.
● Sept. 15: Sara Jorgensen, one of Harrell Remodeling's designers, will speak on home remodeling options.
● Sept. 22: There is a change in the Sept. 22 speaker. Councilwoman Kirsten Keith has been rescheduled until later in November. Instead, incoming Kiwanis President Bruce Wellings, a Wellings & Company CPA and financial adviser, will talk about the recent Kiwanis International annual convention and plans for the upcoming year for the Kiwanis Club of Menlo Park.
● Sept. 29: Chris Carpenter, general manager of the San Mateo Event Center, will discuss the center, which covers 48 acres and has seven indoor buildings. The center hosts hundreds of events, including trade and consumer shows, product launches, concerts, corporate meetings, and the county fair.