A public meeting to discuss construction projects scheduled at Woodside Elementary School this summer will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 26, in the school's Wildcat Room at 3195 Woodside Road.
The campus of the elementary school will be closed to the public most of the summer, from June 11 to Aug. 12, for the construction.
● Installing additional lighting to illuminate the quad area, parking lots, and walkways around the perimeter of school buildings.
● Replacing light fixtures in the Community Gym and Building M exterior with energy-efficient LED lighting. Replacing thermostats with energy-efficient, web-enabled programmable thermostats.
● Replacing the seven-year-old artificial turf field and repairing drainage on the natural turf field.
● Constructing raised crosswalks and safe pedestrian walkways through parking lots to Woodside Road.
● Replacing all door hardware with locks that allow doors to be locked from the interior.
● Installing bollards along the curb at the pick-up/drop off area north of the primary building.
● Installing and replacing fencing and gates with 6-foot-high wood and metal fencing.
● Resurfacing and striping hardcourts.
● Repairing and upgrading school's amphitheater.