News

Book sale at Menlo Park Library this weekend

 

Looking to stock your shelves with new stacks of books?

The Menlo Park Friends of the Library will be hosting its fall quarter book sale this weekend from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 24, and from noon to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 25.

The event will take place at the Menlo Park Library at 800 Alma St. in two areas: in front of the library, and in the library's basement.

According to Steve Haas, president of Menlo Park Friends of the Library, the agency raises funds for the library with its quarterly large-scale book sales, regular sales at the inside corner bookstore of the library, and online Amazon book sales.

The group also sets out free books every Wednesday in front of the library that visitors are encouraged to take.

About 98 percent of book sale proceeds go to the library, and the remaining 2 percent covers the expenses of the volunteer group, which has about 50 active members, he said.

The last book sale of the year is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 3, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

What is community worth to you?
Support local journalism.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by SteveC
a resident of Menlo Park: Downtown
on Sep 21, 2016 at 2:09 pm

SteveC is a registered user.

oh my. Are they sure parking will be available. I mean, with the use of the fields and the gym, I just don't know where people will be able to park!!!


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Stay informed

Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox.

After experiencing harassment, owner of Zareen's restaurants speaks out about Islamophobia, racism
By Elena Kadvany | 28 comments | 6,750 views

Don't Miss Your Exit (and other lessons from an EV drive)
By Sherry Listgarten | 13 comments | 2,249 views

Goodbye Food Waste!
By Laura Stec | 5 comments | 2,133 views

"Better" Dads and "Re-invigorated" Moms: Happier Couples
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,538 views

Good News: The New Menlo Park Rail Subcommittee Hits A Home Run
By Dana Hendrickson | 12 comments | 1,499 views

 

Register today!

On Friday, October 11, join us at the Palo Alto Baylands for a 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run or half marathon! All proceeds benefit local nonprofits serving children and families.

Learn More