This information is based on reports from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
• Someone stole a two-carat diamond pendant on a silver chain from a dorm room at Menlo College. Estimated loss: $25,000. Oct. 12.
• Over the space of three days, three bikes were stolen from a bicycle cage at Menlo-Atherton High School at 555 Middlefield Road. A black Specialized 24-speed bike ($500), a green and blue Electra cruiser ($200) and another bike not described ($600). In every case, a surveillance video showed the theft but the resolution "was not clear enough to identify the suspect," Atherton police said. Oct. 10 and 12.
Theft: A woman told deputies that, while attending a pool party of some 200 guests at a home in the 2800 block of Woodside Road, someone stole her purse from an unlocked pool house. Estimated loss: $5,300. Sept. 24.
WEST MENLO PARK
Fraud: A resident of Trudy Lane shipped a smart phone to an address in Sacramento in connection with an eBay transaction after receiving an email, purportedly from Pay Pal, that confirmed payment for the phone. But later, suspicious of the "odd" appearance of the email, the resident contacted PayPal and determined the email to be a fraud. Estimated loss: $450. Sept. 29.
• Someone smashed the glass of a front door at Enjoy Technologies on Constitution Drive while the business was closed and stole about 100 smart phone and 50 tablet computers. Estimated loss: $100,000. Oct. 15.
• Thieves entered the Haven Avenue offices of Bonde Ventures & Advisory while employees were away from their desks and stole two laptop computers. Estimated loss: $3,300.
• A burglar forced open a window at the Blue Garden Cafe at the Allied Arts Guild at 75 Arbor Road. Stolen items include liquor and five cases of beer. Estimated loss: $500. Oct. 11.
• A thief broke into a home on Hillview Drive through a locked bedroom window and stole jewelry and a tablet computer. Estimated loss: $25,000. Oct. 12.
• Someone broke into an apartment in the 1100 block of Willow Road and stole a safe containing a gold ring, vehicle titles and other documents. Estimated loss: $1,100. Oct. 11.
• A resident of Euclid Avenue discovered damage to a front door, thought to have been done by someone kicking the door trying to get in. Oct. 12.
Auto burglary: Police have no clues as to how someone entered a locked vehicle parked on Stanford Avenue and stole a set of ear buds and a wallet containing $250 in cash and various cards. Estimated loss: $583. Oct. 14.
• A thief stole two locked bicycles and a miter saw from the front porch of a house on Bay Road. Estimated loss: $4,200. Oct. 7.
• Someone stole a purse that had been hanging on the back of a door at the Fey Restaurant on El Camino Real. The purse's contents included sunglasses and $700 in cash. Estimated loss: $1,350. Oct. 11.
• A black 2003 Honda Element from a residence on Johnson Street. Oct. 13.
• A gray 2000 Mercury Sable from a parking stall on Sharon Park Drive. Oct. 13.