This information is based on reports from the Menlo Park Police Department and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
Laser misuse: The pilot of a Surf Air flight told deputies that someone in the vicinity of Mountain Home Road and Mountain Home Lane shined a green laser at the plane heading to San Carlos Airport at an altitude of about 5,000 feet. There were no injuries, deputies said. Dec. 2.
Thefts: Thieves entered two unlocked vehicles on High Road, stealing a laptop computer, shoes and a bag of clothing from one and three golf clubs and papers from the other. Nov. 29 and 30.
• A burglar removed the screen from an unlocked window of a house on Sharon Park Drive, entered the house and stole jewelry and $800 in cash. Estimated losses: $5,800. Dec. 5.
• Someone kicked in the front door of a home on Concord Drive and stole a laptop computer, a passport, a pillowcase and costume jewelry. Estimated losses: $1,380. Dec. 9.
Attempted commercial burglary: A would-be burglar broke a window at Apptimize Inc. at 111 Independence Drive, but never entered the business. The perpetrator fled in a gray or silver truck after being told by an employee in the building that police would be called. Dec. 5.
• Someone stole a bike locked to a bike rack outside the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $2,500. Dec. 7.
• A woman returned to her red 1992 Mazda Miata sports car parked on Bohannon Drive to discover that someone had stolen the car's hard top. Estimated loss: $1,000. Dec. 5.
• Thieves stole bicycles at two Willow Road addresses, one bike locked and sitting in an apartment staircase and the other sitting unattended outside a storage unit. Estimated losses: $1,000 and $700. Dec. 9.
• Someone stole a Willow Road resident's keys to her mailbox and safe deposit box. Estimated loss: $61. Dec. 6.
• Police arrested a Pacifica man in connection with the theft of razor blades and boxes of medication from the CVS pharmacy at 700 El Camino Real. Police also found the man to be in possession of methamphetamine. Dec. 6.
• Someone used forged prescriptions to acquire oxycodone at the CVS pharmacy on Sharon Park Drive, once in September and once in October, and charged the prescriptions without authorization to someone else's account. Dec. 2.
• A resident of Willow Road found that someone had transferred $1,000 from his checking and savings account into an unknown account. Dec. 8.