This information is based on reports from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
• Burglars broke into three apartments in the 1100 block of Willow Road, two by kicking in the front door. In one case, the burglar stole a 2002 gray Nissan Pathfinder SUV and jewelry with an estimated value of $8,000. In the second case, the burglar stole a pillowcase full of costume jewelry, which was later recovered behind the building. In the third case, the burglar entered through an open bathroom window but there are no indications that anything was stolen. Dec. 10.
• Burglars forced open a back door to a home on Donohoe Street and stole a TV, two tablet computers and three laptop computers. Estimated loss: $8,700. Dec. 13.
• A burglar entered a home on Windsor Way through an unlocked window and stole a paint sprayer, pressure washer, drill, table saw and extension cord. Estimated loss: $4,050. Dec. 10.
• Someone smashed a rear window of a home on Menalto Avenue and stole jewelry. No estimate on losses. Dec. 16.
• A burglar stole a coin purse from a home on O'Connor Street after entering the home through an unlocked window. Estimated loss: $60. Dec. 16.
• Someone entered a locked apartment on Pierce Road and moved things around, but there's no indication that anything was stolen. Dec. 10.
Commercial burglary: Someone broke a ground-floor window at ETrade Financial at 4500 Bohannon Drive and stole three laptop computers. Estimated loss: $7,500. Dec. 12.
• A thief smashed a window on a vehicle parked in the Safeway parking lot at 525 El Camino Real and stole a laptop computer. Estimated loss: $1,500. Dec. 15.
• A would-be burglar tried but failed to gain entry, via skylight, into a locked vehicle parked on O'Brien Drive. Dec. 15.
• A thief stole a bike from the front yard of a home on Cambridge Avenue. Estimated loss: $700. Dec. 13.
• A resident of Carlton Avenue told police that someone stole a package from his front porch. Inside was a bicycle pump. Estimated loss: $475. Dec. 13.
• A thief opened a package on the porch of a home on Almanor Avenue and stole the watch that was inside, leaving the empty package on the porch. Estimated loss: $300. Dec. 13.
• Someone stole a bike from the backyard of a home on Oak Court. Estimated loss: $250. Dec. 13.
• A woman shopping at Trader Joe's market on Menlo Avenue told police that someone stole her wallet from her unattended shopping cart. Dec. 13.
Stolen vehicle: A gold 1997 Honda Accord from a parking lot on Sharon Park Road. Dec. 15.
Attempted auto burglary: A Selby Lane resident told police that the windows of her vehicle had "cracks in them." Estimated loss: $600. Dec. 9.
Fraud: In response to a phone call from someone impersonating his granddaughter, a resident of Maple Avenue bought gift cards and gave the numbers to the caller. Relatives learned of the scam and responded quickly enough to block the caller's ability to redeem the gift cards. No losses. Dec. 9.
Theft: Someone stole a package sitting next to a mailbox at East driveway of a home on Tuscaloosa Avenue. Estimated loss: $20. Dec. 15.