A 52-year-old man who died after a recreational vehicle caught fire in unincorporated North Fair Oaks on Sunday morning has been identified as Rolando Garza, according to the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office.
Menlo Park Fire Protection District firefighters responded to a report of smoke coming from a garage at 3190 Park Road just before 6 a.m. Sunday.
They found an RV parked next to the garage, extinguished the fire and checked for victims. Mr. Garza was found inside in full cardiac arrest, according to firefighters.
He was taken to Stanford Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Firefighters determined that the fire was likely caused by an extension cord running through the driver's side door of the RV.