This information is from the Menlo Park Police Department. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
Hit-and-run incident: A pedestrian walking in the road on Sand Hill Road near Leland Avenue told police that he was struck by a vehicle headed west on Sand Hill that then left the scene. Medics took the pedestrian to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. July 10.
• Thieves entered two vehicles one locked and one unlocked parked in the 2100 block of Santa Cruz Avenue. A purse, credit cards, checkbook and $20 in cash were stolen from the locked vehicle, while from the unlocked vehicle, a wallet, credit cards and $50 in cash. Estimated losses: $90 in both cases. July 11.
• An unlocked bike was stolen from a construction site on Hacker Way. Estimated loss: $530. July 10.
• A man left a lunch bag and a laptop computer inside a carrying case next to his vehicle parked in the 1300 block of Willow Road, and both were gone upon his return. The stolen items included $300 in cash, credit cards and medication. Estimated loss: $455. July 8.
• A woman lost her wallet in the vicinity of Bohannon Drive and later learned that her credit card was used to buy $46 worth of gasoline. Estimated loss: $450. July 11.
• Someone stole a wallet containing credit cards and $140 in cash from a purse that had been slung over the back of a chair at Cafe Borrone at 1010 El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $180. July 8.