An estimated 30 activities aimed at cleaning up the coast and local water sources in San Mateo County are scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15, from 9 a.m. to noon as part of Coastal Cleanup Day, a statewide volunteer event. Here are a few places to go to help clean up local waterways if you don't feel like driving to the coast:
● Bedwell Bayfront Park: Meet at the second parking lot in the park, located at 1600 Marsh Road in Menlo Park. Contact: Davena Gentry at email@example.com.
● San Francisquito Creek: Meet at the intersection of Alma Street and East Creek Drive in Menlo Park. Contact: Junko Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Cooley Landing: Meet at the farthest parking lot at the Cooley Landing Education Center, 2100 Bay Road in East Palo Alto. Contact: Sara Witt at email@example.com.
● City of Redwood City: Meet at the public works services location at 1400 Broadway St. Contact Eduardo Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Redwood High School: Meet at the back of the Redwood High School parking lot at 1968 Old County Road in Redwood City. Contact Chris Beetley-Hagler at email@example.com.
See the full list of planned activities in San Mateo County here.