These reports are from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
Drug activity: During a police traffic stop at the corner of Willow Road and Ivy Drive, a Newark man was found to be driving with a suspended driver's license with a large quantity of marijuana in plain view. He had other items used to distribute marijuana, including plastic bags and a scale. He became combative and uncooperative with officers and was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Sept. 6.
• A driver headed west at the intersection of Bay Road and Marsh Road swerved to avoid a motorcycle and sideswiped a vehicle parked on the westbound shoulder. The motorcyclist fell off his vehicle and had minor abrasions. Sept. 5.
• A driver tried to avoid a car in front of her and, swerving to the right, grazed the side of a pedestrian near the corner of Oak Grove Avenue and Marcussen Drive. The pedestrian fell to the ground and sustained minor scrapes. Aug. 27.
• An East Palo Alto woman was arrested on a $10,000 Santa Cruz County warrant and booked into San Mateo County Jail after she was stopped in traffic at the corner of Willow Road and Chester Street. Sept. 5.
• A Menlo Park man was riding his bicycle on the wrong side of the road near the corner of Ivy Drive and Willow Road. After officers stopped him, he was found to have three outstanding warrants from Kentucky. After the warrants were confirmed, he was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail.
• Someone stole a bicycle from the front yard of a home in the 800 block of Partridge Avenue for a loss of $600. Sept. 3.
• Someone took a pair of Apple earpods valued at $200 from the desk of a Facebook employee in the 00 block of Hacker Way. Aug. 28.
• A man was seen on a surveillance camera leaving a liquor store without paying for a bottle of wine. The man has been identified and the case has been sent to the District Attorney's Office for an arrest warrant. Sept. 2.
• Someone stole a manual leveling plate machine from a trailer in the 800 block of Hamilton Avenue for a loss of $1,000. Aug. 30.
Hit and runs:
• The driver of a Hyundai rear-ended the driver of a BMW while at a stoplight at the corner of Willow Road and Coleman Avenue. The driver of the BMW pulled to the side of the road to exchange information but the Hyundai driver did not and left the scene. Aug. 30.
• The driver of a Toyota Camry rear-ended a vehicle and left the scene in the 1100 block of Willow Road. There were no injuries and the victim's vehicle sustained minor damage. Aug. 27.
• The driver of a Hyundai SUV was moving in reverse to parallel park when he hit the front bumper of an Audi A5, causing minor front-end damage. The Hyundai driver fled from the scene before any information could be exchanged. Aug. 27.
Vehicle accident: A motorcyclist who was determined to be under the influence of alcohol was involved in a solo accident in the 300 block of Woodside Drive. He was transported to the hospital, and cited and released. Aug. 26.
Auto theft: Someone stole a trailer from a parking lot in the 3100 block of Alpine Road. July 30.
• Someone stole six laptops belonging to six different students from an unlocked locker room at Woodside Priory school in the 300 block of Portola Road. The total loss was about $7,300. Aug. 30.
• Someone broke into a business in the 100 block of Portola Road and took about $1,500 in cash. Aug. 24.
Abandoned vehicle: A vehicle was left in the middle of the street at the corner of Shawnee Pass and Shoshone Place. The vehicle had minor front-end damage from running over a raised curb. The owner was not at the scene. Aug. 25.