These reports are from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
• A 1995 Mazda Miata was reported stolen off the street near the intersection of Sharon Park Drive and Eastridge Avenue. Sept. 16.
• Someone stole an unlocked 2018 BMW X5 from the driveway of a residence in the 1900 block of Oak Avenue. Sept. 15.
• Someone smashed a vehicle window and stole a backpack containing the vehicle's pink slip at the corner of Menalto Avenue and O'Keefe Street. Sept. 16.
• Someone smashed the window of a car and stole a backpack with a wallet in it containing a driver's license, credit cards and $600 cash in the 1300 block of Adams Court. Sept. 13.
Drug activity: A Redwood City man was cited for being in possession of a methamphetamine pipe and methamphetamine during a probation search at Alma Street and East Creek Drive and was released on a signed promise to appear. Sept. 15.
• A Mountain View man was arrested after he was seen driving erratically at the intersection of El Camino Real and Quarry Road. Sept. 14.
• A Menlo Park woman was arrested at the corner of Middlefield Road and Willow Road for driving under the influence. Sept. 14.
Sexual assault: A Menlo Park woman reported that she was sexually assaulted. She couldn't remember the details of the assault or where it occurred because she was intoxicated. The report was made in the 1700 block of Laurel Street. Sept. 14.
Vehicle accident: A driver turned left from Menlo Avenue onto Curtis Street and sideswiped a Jeep. No injuries were reported. Sept. 13.
Fraud: A man reported that a person claiming to a PG&E representative convinced him that his electricity was going to be shut off unless he paid $3,000. He paid and then discovered that he had not been talking to PG&E. The incident took place in the 800 block of Oak Grove Avenue. Sept. 12.
Burglary: Someone smashed the glass door of a residence in the 100 block of Amendral Avenue and entered the house. It is not known if anything was taken. The case is under investigation. Sept. 16.
Vandalism: Someone scratched letters into the pavement of a driveway on Parker Avenue. Sept. 16.
Vehicle accident: A passenger van hit a fire hydrant at the corner of El Camino Real and Maple Avenue. The driver of the van complained of pain and was taken to the hospital. Sept. 10.
Hit-and-run: A driver backed into a car in a parking lot in the 500 block of Middlefield Road. The driver left the scene without leaving a note. Sept. 10.
Driving with a suspended license: A Sunnyvale man was found to be driving with a suspended license and without proof of insurance after he was stopped at the corner of Woodside Road and Why Worry Lane. He was cited and released on a promise to appear. Sept. 12.
Grand theft: Someone sent $2,300 to an online address to purchase a cat. Once the money was paid, the person allegedly selling the cat ended all communication. The incident was reported in the 100 block of Echo Lane. Sept. 7.
Stolen vehicle: Someone stole a beige and black golf cart from the driveway of a home in the 4600 block of Alpine Road in the early morning hours. Sept. 16.
Auto burglary: Someone broke a window of a vehicle in the 2700 block of Alpine Road and stole debit and credit cards that were later used to make fraudulent transactions. Sept. 16.