• A resident of Westridge Drive said a necklace is missing and believed to be stolen. Estimated loss: $50,000. May 30.
• Someone stole a purse and cell phone from inside an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Portola Road. Estimated loss: $1,500. May 24.
• Someone broke a metal piece used to keep a kitchen side door shut at a residence on Wayside Road, then entered the residence and stole two guitars and a Kindle tablet. Estimated loss: $900. May 18.
Commercial burglary report: Menlo Park man arrested and booked into jail on burglary charges after allegedly walking into a convenience store in the 1700 block of Skyline Boulevard, cutting a security lock from a camera case, and leaving the store with the camera without having paid for it. Deputies contacted him and said the suspect admitted to the burglary. No losses. May 29.
Auto burglary report: The right rear window on a vehicle parked in the 700 block of Canada Road was found smashed and property taken from inside. Estimated loss: $1,900. May 22.
Theft report: Someone took property from inside an unlocked vehicle parked in the 1000 block of Canada Road. Estimated loss: $600. May 22.
Traffic accident report: A vehicle heading west in the 1000 block of Canada Road crossed the white fog line on the right shoulder of the road and went down an embankment, where it struck two fences and came to rest against the front porch of a residence. Medics took the driver to a hospital for evaluation. May 22.
Commercial burglary report: Someone smashed a front window of the Lenscrafters store at 700 El Camino Real, entered the store and stole sunglasses Estimated loss: $10,000. June 6.
Residential burglary reports:
• A set of skis, a set of golf clubs, a set of walkie-talkies and a phone charger were stolen from a storage unit inside a carport of a condominium complex on Monte Rosa Drive. Estimated loss: $1,675. June 6.
• In an attempted burglary on White Oak Drive, someone cut a lock and a wire cord that secured a the gate of a chain-link fence, but nothing was reported missing. June 3.
• Someone smashed a window at the rear of a garage of a residence on Iris Lane, but nothing was reported missing from the home. June 3.
• Construction and power tools were stolen from a locked toolbox in the back of a pickup truck on Monte Rosa Drive. Estimated loss: $1,760. June 5.
• A locked bike was stolen from a bike rack in the 1100 block of El Camino Real, but the bike was recovered and returned to its owner. June 1.
• Someone stole a bike that had been locked to a stop sign post on Oak Grove Avenue. Estimated loss: $639. June 5.
• The cash drawer was broke into at Honeycombers lice-treatment salon at 441 El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $452.60. June 5.
• A woman eating in a restaurant with her purse hanging on the back of her chair had her wallet stolen, with her driver's license and credit cards inside. Estimated loss: $60. June 4.
• A man left his vehicle unlocked on Felton Drive and had his wallet stolen. Estimated loss: $59. June 3.
• Someone stole a registration tab from the license plate of a vehicle parked at University Drive and Santa Cruz Avenue. Estimated loss: $50. June 3.
• A cell phone was stolen from an unlocked locker in the men's locker room of Burgess swimming pool on Laurel Street. No estimate on losses. June 1.
• A man described as Hispanic and in his 30s reached into the open window of vehicle parked in the 1900 block of Santa Cruz Avenue and stole three debit cards, that were later canceled. The vehicle owner chased the man, but he got into a waiting white SUV and fled the scene. No losses. May 30.