Commercial burglary report: Someone smashed the side door of the LB Steak House at 898 Santa Cruz Ave. and used a tank of carbon dioxide to force open a locked door inside. Stolen were several bottles of alcoholic beverages and a meat slicer. Estimated loss: $550. June 20.
Auto burglary report: Two toolboxes and tools, a radar detector and scanner were stolen from a locked vehicle parked on Haven Avenue. Estimated loss: $1,600. June 17.
• Two laptop computers, two Apple iPads, a Kindle reader, earphones, headphones, a cell phone and luggage were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 500 block of El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $7,565. June 19.
• Ten bottles of wine were stolen in a hand-basket from the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $650. June 16.
• Someone stole a wallet, gym bag containing shoes and sunglasses and clothing, and a watch from an unlocked vehicle parked on Hobart Street. Estimated loss: $270. June 16.
• Two visitors to the CVS Pharmacy at 700 El Camino Real were caught on a video surveillance camera stealing 21 containers of makeup. Estimated loss: $178.50. June 19.
• A car battery was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Independence Drive. Estimated loss: $150. June 17.
• Someone stole a surveillance camera from the exterior of Stack Plastics at 3525 Haven Ave. Estimated loss: $150. June 19.
• A handbag left unattended inside the Subway sandwich shop on Santa Cruz Avenue was stolen. Estimated loss: $89. June 19.
• Someone stole a purse left inadvertently at a location in the 200 block of El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $25.
• Police arrested a man, without incident, who allegedly attempted to cash a fraudulent check at Citibank on Santa Cruz Avenue. No loss. June 17.
• Someone claiming to be a utility worker called on an individual on Doyle Street demanding $498.95 to pay off an account balance or lose electric power within the hour. The individual bought a gift card as directed and paid the amount. June 17.
• A resident of Middle Avenue received voice mails threatening the resident with "legal ramifications" if an outstanding account balance with the IRS were not paid. No loss. June 17.
• Someone used stolen credit card information to extract money from the PayPal account of a Durham Street resident who sold products online. PayPal made the resident whole. No losses. June 18.
• Two people used counterfeit bills to buy gift cards at the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $430. June 18.
This story contains 438 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.