Hit-and-run with injury: A 22-year-old woman jogging on Barry Lane was found unconscious on the road and taken to the hospital. She told police she'd been struck at 3:53 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 21, by a silver sedan with a "Blue Lake Tahoe" bumper sticker. Police say there weren't any witnesses. Residential surveillance cameras in the area did not capture footage of the vehicle. Dec. 21.
• A thief rummaged through two unlocked vehicles parked in the driveway of a home on Rittenhouse Avenue and stole sunglasses, lacrosse equipment and a duffel bag. Estimated loss: $400. Dec. 19.
• Someone damaged the mailbox of a home on Fair Oaks Lane and stole mail. Dec. 19.
Stolen vehicle: A silver 2009 Toyota Prius, license number 6LZT634, was stolen from the south gym parking lot along Ringwood Avenue at Menlo-Atherton High School. Dec. 21.
Fraud: A resident of Menlo Oaks Drive told police she'd been sending "large amounts of money" over several months to a man who told her the payments were required before she could receive her winnings of nearly $1 million. Dec. 22.
Fraud: The owner of a safe deposit box at Bank of America on Santa Cruz Avenue told police that eight bracelets and two necklaces are missing from the box, and that he could not recall if he left the items outside the box when he examined them in December 2016. Estimated loss: $16,200. Dec. 11.
• Someone smashed a window at J Maliksi & Associates architectural firm at 675 Menlo Ave., entered the building and stole a computer. Estimated loss: $2,500. Dec. 14.
• A bicyclist discovered that his bike, parked in the 500 block of El Camino Real, had had the wheels and tires stolen. Estimated loss: $200. Dec. 14.
• A thief cut a bike lock and stole a bike from a carport on Coleman Avenue. Estimated loss: $50. Dec. 10.
Found property: Someone found a pouch containing $500 in cash near the Wells Fargo Bank on Santa Cruz Avenue and turned it over to police. Dec. 13.
WEST MENLO PARK
• Someone stole a laptop computer from a workplace in the 2500 block of Sand Hill Road. Estimated loss: $2,800. Dec. 8.
• A vehicle parked at Alpine Road and Piers Lane was found with a window smashed and a purse stolen. Estimated loss: $700. Dec. 23.
Fraud: A resident of Cloud Avenue discovered an unauthorized purchase debited to a personal bank account for a loss of $437.40. Nov. 14.
Vandalism: Five mailboxes were found damaged in the vicinity of Old La Honda Road and Skyline Boulevard. Estimated loss: $500. Dec. 9.
Vandalism: Someone damaged a driveway lamp in the 200 block of Westridge Drive. Estimated loss: $20. Dec. 25.
Suspicious circumstance: A resident of Cresta Vista Lane told police he'd received a letter demanding $4,500, sent via electronic transfer, or "personal information would be divulged to his family and friends." Dec. 21.
This story contains 544 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.