• Someone stole tools from a construction site in the 100 block of Constitution Avenue after cutting the locks on the outer gate and a toolbox. Estimated loss: $4,000. Jan 3.
• A thief entered a locked building in the 2800 block of Sand Hill Road and stole two tablet computers and a laptop. No estimate on losses. Jan. 2.
Residential burglary: A home on Arnold Way was found with a smashed window in the rear door; the house was ransacked. It's not known whether anything was taken. Jan. 2.
Auto burglaries: Someone smashed a window on a vehicle parked in the 100 block of El Camino Real and stole a jacket. Another vehicle was found with a smashed window but nothing taken. Estimated loss: $150. Dec. 31.
• Tools were stolen from a unnamed construction site. Estimated loss: $4,000. Dec. 29.
• Someone stole two bicycles locked to a bike rack of an apartment complex on Hamilton Avenue. Estimated loss: $1,500. Jan. 3.
• A thief stole a ring from the trunk of an unlocked vehicle parked on Coleman Avenue. Estimated loss: $700. Jan. 3.
• A package containing Christmas gifts was stolen from the front doorstep of a home on Reyna Place. Estimated loss: $300. Dec. 29.
• Someone stole a bike from the side yard of a home on Sevier Avenue. Estimated loss: $180. Jan. 4.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle parked on Middle Avenue and stole $12 in change. Jan. 2.
• A woman told police that someone stole her wallet from her purse while it was hanging off the back of her chair at Cafe Borrone. Estimated loss: $10. Jan. 1.
Theft: A thief stole several packages from the doorstep of a home in the 300 block of La Mesa Drive. Estimated loss: $765. Dec. 31.
WEST MENLO PARK
Auto burglary: A thief pried open a door of a vehicle parked in the 2700 block of Alpine Road, stole debit and credit cards and made purchases of $5,557 at an electronics store. Dec. 27.
Theft: Someone stole a package from the front porch of a home on Sneckner Court. No estimated on losses. Dec. 30.
Residential burglary: A resident of Stockbridge Avenue came home to find the residence ransacked; a computer, stamps and a jewelry box were stolen. Estimated loss: $2,250. Dec. 29.
Theft: Someone stole liquor from Roberts Market at 3015 Woodside Road. Estimated loss: $310. Dec. 27.
Firearm violation: Deputies encountered a man in the vicinity of Old La Honda Road and Portola Road in possession of a non-registered loaded firearm equipped with a large-capacity magazine. He was cited and released upon his promise to appear. Dec. 29.
This story contains 483 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.