Deputies arrested a Los Altos man alleged to have rung the doorbell of a home on Antonio Court, tried to enter the home, then left in a vehicle. Deputies stopped a vehicle matching the description and made the arrest. Jan. 11.
Possession of pepper spray: Deputies encountered a Sunnyvale man on Willowbrook Drive and arrested and booked him into jail, alleging that he was a convicted felon in possession of pepper spray. Jan. 12.
Auto burglary: Someone threw a brick through the window of a vehicle parked in the 13000 block of Skyline Boulevard and stole two bags from inside the vehicle. Estimated loss: $300. Jan. 22.
Theft: San Francisco police, in possession of a gun registered to an address on Tripp Road, asked sheriff's deputies to check with the resident for the presence of the registered gun there. They found no gun, deputies said, so San Francisco police recorded the gun as "recovered." Jan. 20.
Shoplifting: Employees of Roberts Market on Woodside Road detained a San Jose man who allegedly shoplifted an alcoholic beverage. Deputies arrested the man and booked him into jail. A second suspect escaped in a vehicle allegedly driven recklessly from the scene. Jan. 13.
Suspicious circumstances: Residents of Jane Road told deputies of their suspicions that someone broke into their home and took a shower, but took nothing. Jan. 13.
Residential burglary: Someone pried open the back door of a home on Arbor Road, but nothing appears to have been stolen. Jan. 24.
Auto burglary: A thief entered a locked vehicle parked in the 700 block of El Camino Real and stole a backpack. Inside were clothes, a laptop computer, a tablet computer in a rugged case, a pocket knife and several bottles of prescription medicine. Estimated loss: $1,220. Jan. 22.
• In a case involving two unlocked vehicles parked on August Circle, a thief stole two backpacks. Inside were a laptop computer, swimming accessories, clothing and a sports watch. Estimated loss: $2,470. Jan. 24.
• Someone stole a locked bicycle from the 800 block of El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $600. Jan. 25.
• A patron of the Menlo Park public library on Alma Street reported the theft of an unattended cellphone. Estimated loss: $600. Jan. 20.
• Someone stole a locked bicycle from a bicycle rack on Santa Cruz Avenue. Estimated loss: $500. Jan. 20.
• A locked bike was stolen from the vicinity of Alma Street and Oak Grove Avenue. Estimated loss: $350. Jan. 25.
• A thief stole a package from the front porch of a home on Del Norte Avenue. Estimated loss: $120. Jan. 25.
• Employees at Draeger's Supermarket on University Drive chased a man alleged to have been carrying a basket of unpaid for alcoholic beverages that he subsequently ditched. The beverages were recovered, but the suspect escaped before police arrived.
• In thefts from two unlocked vehicles parked on Hesketh Court, a thief stole a cellphone charger and a Bluetooth transmitter from one of the vehicles. Estimated loss: $75. Jan. 24.
• Police are looking for a thin white man between 18 and 30 years old and driving a dark gray Jaguar or Camaro in connection with theft of mail from a residential mailbox on Hallmark Circle. Jan. 21.
Stolen vehicle: A red 2013 Ford Mustang from a home on Terminal Avenue. Jan. 22.
This story contains 594 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.