Some of the events planned for the "January is for the Birds" series are as follows:
• Wednesday, Jan. 2, 6:30 to 8 p.m., "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" will be screened at the main library.
• Saturday, Jan 5, from 11 a.m. to noon, Judy Irving, documentary filmmaker, and Mark Bittner, author of the book "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill," will talk about their work in the Menlo Park City Council Chambers.
• Tuesday, Jan. 8, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Irving's follow-up bird documentary, "Pelican Dreams," will be screened.
• Wednesday, Jan. 9, from 7 to 8 p.m., biologist Maria Viteri of Stanford's Hadly Lab will give a talk called, "Birds, Bats, and Pterosaurs: The Independent Evolutions of Powered Flight," at the main library.
• Sunday, Jan 13, from 2 to 3 p.m., Yiwei Wang, Ph.D., executive director of the San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory, will talk about that organization's avian research at the Belle Haven library.
Other activities scheduled include a paint-your-own birdhouse session, a presentation about raptors from a wildlife photographer, and a talk about attracting birds to one's garden.
Go to menlopark.org/birds for the full schedule.