• Wednesday, Jan. 2, 6:30 to 8 p.m., "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" will be screened at the main library.
• Saturday, Jan 5, from 11 a.m. to noon, Judy Irving, documentary filmmaker, and Mark Bittner, author of the book "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill," will talk about their work in the Menlo Park City Council Chambers.
• Tuesday, Jan. 8, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Irving's follow-up bird documentary, "Pelican Dreams," will be screened.
• Wednesday, Jan. 9, from 7 to 8 p.m., biologist Maria Viteri of Stanford's Hadly Lab will give a talk called, "Birds, Bats, and Pterosaurs: The Independent Evolutions of Powered Flight," at the main library.
• Sunday, Jan 13, from 2 to 3 p.m., Yiwei Wang, Ph.D., executive director of the San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory, will talk about that organization's avian research at the Belle Haven library.
Other activities scheduled include a paint-your-own birdhouse session, a presentation about raptors from a wildlife photographer, and a talk about attracting birds to one's garden.
Go to menlopark.org/birds for the full schedule.
This story contains 204 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.