Spousal abuse: During an argument at Safeway in the 500 block of El Camino Real, a transient struck a woman in the head, poured beer on her and stole her purse. The suspect was located by officers and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 5.
Drunk driving: An Alameda man was behind the wheel of a vehicle and displayed signs of intoxication after being stopped in traffic in the 200 block of Willow Road. He was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 5.
• The driver of a truck reported that his gas pedal became stuck and he lost control and ran into a fence in the 300 block of O'Connor Street. Jan. 4.
•The driver of a Toyota was heading northbound on University Drive and stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of Middle Avenue. She proceeded northbound on University, and the driver of a Chevrolet reportedly struck her car. She was transported to the hospital after complaining of leg pain. Dec. 31.
• The driver of a Toyota stopped at a stop sign westbound on Santa Cruz Avenue at Cotton Street before colliding with a Subaru that didn't yield. There were no injuries. Dec. 30.
• Someone smashed the window of a vehicle in the 300 block of Felton Drive. Nothing was reported taken. Jan. 3.
• Someone smashed the window of a vehicle in the 800 block of Laurel Avenue. Nothing was reported taken. Jan. 3.
• Six separate auto burglaries were reported in the 100 block of Seminary Drive, with miscellaneous items taken. Jan. 2.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 00 block of Lorelei Drive and stole a pair of AirPods valued at $100. Jan. 1.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 00 block of Lorelei Drive and stole miscellaneous items. Jan. 1.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 00 block of Lorelei Drive and stole $60 from the glove box. Jan. 1.
Grand theft: Unknown suspects entered BevMo in the 700 block of El Camino Real, and stole several bottles of high-end liquor for a loss of $2,150, and fled in an SUV. Jan. 2.
Exhibition of speed: A San Jose man was arrested, cited and released after he was seen taking part in a speed contest at Middlefield Road and Linfield Drive. Jan. 1.
Drug activity: A San Jose man was arrested for being in possession of methamphetamine in the 3700 block of Haven Avenue after being stopped for a traffic violation. He was booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 1.
Hit-and-run with property damage: The driver of an Acura was heading westbound on Willow Road when she saw a white car sideswipe the front of her car. She pulled over but the white car continued straight without stopping. There were no injuries. Dec. 31.
Warrant arrest: A Redwood City man was arrested, cited and released on a $9,000 warrant on a promise to appear in court. Dec. 31.
Driving with a suspended license:
• A San Jose man was cited at the intersection of Alpine Road and Interstate 280 after being stopped in traffic. He was released on a promise to appear. Jan. 8.
• A San Jose woman was cited in the 1800 block of Alameda de las Pulgas after being stopped in traffic. She was released on a promise to appear. Jan. 5.
Traffic accident: A tow truck driver notified law enforcement that a driver requested that her vehicle be towed out of an embankment in the 800 block of La Honda Road. Upon arrival, sheriff's deputies found that the driver, a Menlo Park woman, was showing signs of being under the influence of alcohol. The driver was the solo occupant of the vehicle and was uninjured. She was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 3.
This story contains 680 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.