WEST MENLO PARK
Residential burglary report: Deputies arrested and booked into jail Marcus Alexander of San Francisco on burglary and possession of stolen property charges after encountering him in a residence he once lived in on Sherman Avenue but that was now occupied by other tenants, May 14. Deputies searched him, with his consent, and found a credit card stolen from a current resident; deputies also determined that he had entered the residence unlawfully and taken items from the bedroom of another tenant.
Auto burglary report: Someone smashed a window and broke into a locked Jeep at the Park and Ride at Lawler Ranch and Sand Hill roads, causing damage estimated at $590, May 13.
Theft reports: Someone stole a handicap placard from an unlocked vehicle on Hardwick Road, May 15.
Auto burglary report: A black BMW parked in the 3200 block of Alpine Road was found May 8 with its front passenger window smashed and a leather Tumi bag, a laptop computer and various equipment missing for a total loss estimated at $4,100.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone kicked in the front door of a home on Woodland Avenue and stole a laptop computer and TV for a total loss estimated at $2,000, May 16.
• Someone broke into an apartment storage unit on Sharon Park Drive and stole a wooden hope chest said to be worth $500, and an $80 Samsonite suitcase, May 20.
• There were no signs of anything having been stolen, but a burglar alarm did sound along Woodland Avenue after someone apparently climbed through an open rear window and left through the front door, May 22.
Auto burglary reports:
• Someone stole a $300 Serato Scratch model digital vinyl-record emulator after first smashing the window of a vehicle parked along Sharon Park Drive, May 19.
• An orange-and-black bag valued at $4,100, a head lamp valued at $40, and a $200 octoscope are missing from a vehicle that was parked in an apartment building parking lot on Eastridge Avenue, May 20. Police, and a Web search, were unable to provide a description of an octoscope.
• A $100 laptop computer case and a $200 SAP MiFi wireless router were stolen from a vehicle parked on Sharon Park Drive, May 19.
• Someone stole a black Juicy brand purse after smashing the window of a vehicle parked on Marsh Road, May 17.
• Someone broke a passenger side window of a vehicle parked on Sharon Park Drive and stole a black leather gym bag valued at $100 and its contents, including a $100 pair of athletic shoes and $50 in gym clothes, May 20.
• A woman visiting Bedwell Bayfront Park at the end of Marsh Road reported the theft of several items from her unlocked vehicle, including a $275 black Brahmin purse, a $610 pair of reading glasses, $75 in cosmetics, $75 in cash and her checkbook and credit cards, May 17.
• An Apple iPhone valued at $700 was stolen from the counter at Stacks restaurant at 600 Santa Cruz Ave., May 19.
• An Apple iPhone 5 was stolen from the counter at Peets Coffee & Tea at 4598 El Camino Real, May 20.
• A mailbox on College Avenue is missing a wrought iron decoration on top, the decoration having been stolen, May 17.
• Someone stole a bicycle trailer from a residence on Roble Avenue, May 20.
• Two women in their 20s entered the Willow Cove Valero gas station and stole $167 worth of Five Hour energy drinks, then fled, May 16. Police described the women as black and in their 20s. One wore a pink top, black pants and pink shoes and wore her hair up; the other had her hair in a pony tail and wore a blue top and white pants, and was carrying a black bag.
• A 26-year-old woman in the company of another pedestrian in the crosswalk at the northern section of University Drive and Santa Cruz Avenue walked away with minor abrasions to her arms and hands after being thrown up onto the hood of a 2014 Honda Odyssey van, bumping into the windshield and falling to the ground after the vehicle stopped, May 17. The driver, a 35-year-old woman, "failed to see the pedestrians in the crosswalk" and was not cited, police said.
• A bicyclist suffered minor abrasions to the chin and left knee after coming off a sidewalk and into a crosswalk at Chester Street and Willow Road and running into a vehicle in the crosswalk, May 17.
• A bicyclist suffered minor injuries after running into the side of a front corner panel of a pickup truck at Cambridge Avenue and El Camino Real, May 21.
• A tractor trailer truck struck a concrete pedestal, the sidewalk and some vegetation at the corner of University Drive and Santa Cruz Avenue, May 15.
• A white moving truck struck an overhanging tree limb, broke it off and drove away on Carlton Avenue, May 15.
Stolen vehicle reports:
• Someone stole a green Kawasaki XL300 dirt bike while it was parked along Sonoma Avenue, May 19.
• Someone stole a white Ford truck parked on Campbell Avenue, May 17.
Indecent exposure report: Several witnesses reported seeing a man masturbating outside a public restroom at Bedwell Bayfront Park at the end of Marsh Road, May 15. Police described the man as of Asian Indian ethnicity, 30 to 35 years old, with short dark hair, a goatee and a tattoo on his right bicep. He fled the scene in a white vehicle, possibly an Infiniti.
This story contains 937 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.